A 15-year-old youth has been charged after allegedly threatening to burn down a residence in Port Coquitlam earlier this year, according to Coquitlam RCMP.
Police said the incident occurred on May 17 and led to an investigation involving frontline general duty officers and the Coquitlam RCMP general investigation section.
“Investigators conducted a thorough examination of evidence, resulting in the identification and arrest of the alleged suspect, who does not reside in the Tri-Cities area,” media relations officer Cpl. John Graham said in a statement.
The BC Prosecution Service approved charges on Aug. 4.
The youth is facing three charges: mischief under $5,000; uttering threats; and breach of a disposition order.
Police described the matter as an isolated incident involving alleged threats to burn down a residence in a densely populated Port Coquitlam neighbourhood.
The accused is not currently in custody but remains subject to several court-ordered protective conditions.




