18-year-old shooting suspect turns himself in, says Burnaby RCMP

18-year-old shooting suspect turns himself in, says Burnaby RCMP

An 18-year-old man who was wanted by the Burnaby RCMP in connection with a shooting late last year has turned himself in, police say.

On Dec. 19, 2025, Mounties were called to the area of Phillips Avenue and Woodbrook Place after a report that someone had been shot.

Related articles:

Police say when they arrived, they found a man suffering from gunshot wounds. He was taken to hospital.

The shooting is believed to have been targeted.

(Images: 1stDue Media)

At the time, Cpl. Mike Kalanj told CityNews the victim was a young man who was a resident of the area.

After an investigation, the suspect was identified as Ronin Tajali of Burnaby.

On Dec. 25, 2025, the BC Prosecution Service approved charges of discharge of a firearm with intent, aggravated assault, and possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm.

Two days later, the RCMP said a warrant had been issued for Tajali’s arrest.

The suspect remains in custody awaiting a bail hearing, police say.